Technical Project Manager (Voice & Mobile)
The Technical project Manager is member of the Voice and Mobile Service team.
Technical Project Manager reports to the Team Manager Telephony.
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for quality delivery of Telco projects within schedule and allocated budget.
The Technical Project Manager initiates, plan, execute, monitor, control, and close all activities necessary for end-to-end project execution.
(S)he will take into account all aspects and constraints such as scope definition, budget, planning, risks and issues, resources, communication, stakeholder management.
Functional description (tasks)
(S)he will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Plan the project based on a defined need, resulting in detailed scope/budget/schedule baseline.
- Plan for and manage change
- Monitor and control the work to ensure that the project remains on track and in control.
- Report on variances to the approved project baseline
- Perform gate reviews and quality assurance
- Coach, mentor and support less experienced team member.
- Delivery of projects aligned to overall business and technology strategies and architectures
- Manage external contracts and suppliers where required.
- Work within defined governance processes.
Profile and domains of expertise
- Masters Degree (IT, Telco, or equivalent)
- At least 10 years experience in the telecommunications industry and 5 years’ experience in project management, specifically with Microsoft technology stack based projects.
- Knowledge of voice and Mobile architecture
- Project management certification is preferred (PMI/CAPM or PMP, PRINCE2 Agile).
- Familiarity with ITIL v2 or 3 would be advantageous
- Analytical skills and problem solving skills needed to manage multiple factors on a project simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience working for large organizations on complex projects
- Strong team working skills across client, supplier and geographically dispersed virtual teams.
- Ability to facilitate change management with teams.
- Good knowledge of French and English (technical, oral and written) is mandatory