Voice & Mobile Operations Engineer
This job is no longer available.
The Voice and Mobile Operations Engineer is member of the Voice and Mobile Service team.
The Voice and Mobile Service team is responsible for the technical administration, operations, maintenance and engineering of the core network elements delivering the fixed telephony and mobile services.
The Voice and Mobile Operations Engineer has no direct reports.
The Voice and Mobile Operations Engineer reports to the Voice and Mobile Service Manager.
Within the team, the Voice and Mobile Operations Engineer is responsible for the administration, operations, management and development of the IT infrastructure delivering the services.
In addition, (s)he will take part of the operations, administration, maintenance and development of the fixed telephony and mobile services.
Functional description (tasks)
The Voice and Mobile Operations Engineer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Day to day operations and administration of the core network: incidents management, change management, service requests (B2C and B2B), capacity planning
- Participate in the implementation of the Voice and Mobile core network evolution strategy: planning, designing and developing the services infrastructure
- Pro-active monitoring, administration and maintenance of the infrastructure and services
- Develop and maintain infrastructure and service related reporting: metrics collection, storage, consolidation and reporting (including KPIs)
- Member of the support team for voice and mobile services (24/7 on-call team)
- Identify improvement areas, propose and implement changes and enhancements to improve the services quality and reliability
Profile and domains of expertise
- Bachelor Degree in IT
- Advanced Linux system administration and operations
- Good networking knowledge (TCP, IP, routing, DNS, DHCP, Load Balancing, switching, routing)
- Scripting: Bash, Python, PHP
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies infrastructure (VMware)
- Database servers administration: Microsoft SQL server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra
- Experience is open source software solutions deployment
- Knowledge and/or experience in on or more of the following telephony technologies would be ideal: fixed telephony networks, mobile networks, corporate telephony, VoIP
- Productivity suite: Microsoft Office, Visio
- Team Oriented but ability to work autonomously
- Strong sense of integrity, responsibility and initiative
- Structured, methodical and meticulous
- Project oriented, results-focused
- Eager to learn about new technologies with a passion for telecommunications
- Self-learning skills
- Self-organized: able to prioritize and execute multiple tasks efficiently
- Strong communications skills: ability to work collaboratively with internal and external clients and suppliers
- Good knowledge of French and English (technical, oral and written) is mandatory