Senior Voice and Mobile Core Engineer
The Senior Voice and Mobile Core Engineer is member of the Voice and Mobile Service team.
The team is responsible for the architecture and engineering, technical administration, operations, maintenance of the core network elements delivering mobile and fixed telephony services.
The Senior Voice and Mobile Core Engineer reports to the Voice and Mobile Service Manager.
Within the team, the Senior Voice and Mobile Core Engineer is responsible for the mobile and fix telephony network engineering.
(S)he will also ensure the coordination of the activities with suppliers, internal and external business partners in order to deliver a complete end to end service.
The Junior Voice and Mobile Core Engineer will be involved in the definition of the mobile and fixed telephony network evolution, and take active part of its implementation (analysis, design, delivery, testing).
In addition, (s)he will participate in the network operations (member of the 24/7 on call duty role).
Functional description (tasks)
The Senior Voice and Mobile Core Engineer will design, implement, manage and support the new converged mobile and fixed network in the following domains:
- VoIP (IMS): DRA/DEA, P/I/S/E-CSCF, Media Gateways, application servers
- Evolved Packet Core: P-GW/GGNS, e-PDG
- Value Added Services and intelligent networks: IN (SCP), OCS, voice messaging, SMS, PCRF
- IP domain: MPLS, TCP/ IP, switching, routing, DNS, DHCP, NAT, Tunneling, Load Balancing, firewalling
- Virtualized telco infrastructure: NFV, VNF, NaaS, Mano, OpenStack
- Core Network databases: HLR, HSS, AuC
- TDM: STP, media gateways, softswitches
- Roaming, SIM, mobile devices.
The Senior Voice and Mobile Core Engineer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Network evolution definition and implementation: participation in the architectural evolution, in the analysis, design, implementation and testing.
- 3rd parties and internal tasks definition and coordination, to deliver the required end to end functionality and services
- Identify improvement areas, propose enhancements to improve service quality and reliability
- Participate in the development and improvement of the Quality Assurance Plan
- Participate in the day to day operations and administration of the core network, and their interconnections.
- Member of the support team for voice and mobile services (24/7 on-call team).
Profile and domains of expertise
- Master Degree (IT, Telco), or equivalent by experience.
- 5 years of successful experience in one or more relevant domains of the telecommunications industry
- Good knowledge of Voice and Mobile architectures, in one or more of the following domains mentioned in the functional description.
- Good notions of network security
- Good knowledge of mobile and fixed network architectures: Wireless, GSM, WCDMA, LTE, VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Roaming
- Team oriented but ability to work autonomously
- Quality-focused , strong sense of integrity, responsibility and initiative
- Structured, methodical and meticulous
- Project oriented, results-focused
- Eager to learn about new technologies with a passion for telecommunications
- Self-learning skills
- Self-organized: able to prioritize and execute multiple tasks efficiently
- Strong written and oral communications skills: ability to work collaboratively with internal and external clients and suppliers
- Good knowledge of French and English (technical, oral and written) is mandatory